Thursday, November 5, 2015

Burst Of Happyness : Just Like Heaven


My very FIRST post…yayyyy!!! 



I am going to start my first ever review with a brand that impressed me with their organic soap free facial cleanser. While I have always used & loved LUSH masks, I never once bothered purchasing their cleanser.Why you ask…..I always believed a foamy cleanser did the best cleaning but i was dissatisfied because my skin would feel stretched and stripped of its natural oils. A pregnancy and baby later, in addition to being super cautious and weary about what I was feeding my skin, my body & my little one, my skin was very prone to dryness and extremely dehydrated. I became ingredient savvy, so to speak and over the years, I seem to be gravitating towards more “greener” products. What also helps is that I am actually seeing FABULOUS & UNEXPECTED results!!!



So without further adieu, my review is about Burst of Happyness’s facial cleanser (*drumroooollll*) Just Like Heaven!!!

ABOUT THE BRAND

Learn more about Burst Of Happyness HERE! 



Just Like Heaven is a soap-free clay cleanser with the following ingredients:




KEY INGREDIENTS & THEIR BENEFITS
  • Kaolin Clay: A naturally occurring soft clay with natural absorbency properties. The mildest of all clays, it is very suitable for sensitive skin types. It helps stimulate circulation while gently exfoliating and cleansing without pulling out the skin’s natural oil (1). 
  • Apricot Kernel Oil: Extracted from the kernel or seeds of apricots, the oil acts as an emollient, has anti inflammatory, anti aging, anti bacterial and anti septic properties in addition to being  an antioxidant (2).
  • Avocado Oil: Extracted from the flesh of avocados, the oil has significant hydrating properties thus improving the skins elasticity and significantly improving cellular regeneration (layman terminology: it has excellent anti-ageing properties) (3). Additionally, avocado oil has naturally occurring proteins, lecithin and squalene, that together have powerful skin healing properties (3).
  • Almonds: Almond flour is a wonderful way to nourish the skin while providing gentle exfoliation and promote the natural turnover of skin cells. Almonds can cleanse the skin by eliminating toxins and free radicals from your body. The various antioxidants in almonds possess anti-ageing properties which help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The Vitamin E component is considered a skin food as it nourishes the skin, keeping it smooth and glowing, can help to remove fine lines and wrinkles. It can also lighten age spots and other blemishes on the skin. (4,5).  
  • Essential Oil of Lavender: An anti-inflammatory and circulatory stimulant. It reduces inflammation thereby causing less skin redness and blotchiness making skin appear evenly colored (6). Enhances circulatory system is enhanced causing an increase in blood flow and subsequently and increase in nutrients being brought to the skin along with much needed oxygen to the cells (6). This is essential to healthier cells, and benefits more frequent cell turnover.
  • Essential Oil of Ylang Ylang: Blended with an emulsion or moisturizing creme, Ylang Ylang is a great essential oil for the skin, nourishing and moisturizing flaky and dry skin (7).
 


The facial cleanser very much resembles an almond meal with a very strong fragrance of Ylang Ylang. Since the cleanser is hand kneaded, it has a consistency somewhere  between a dough & powder with a grainy/lumpy texture (mine looks a little dry because I live in a 24/7 air conditioned environment :( ). The cleanser is touted for dry/mature skin which perfectly compliments my dry/dehydrated skin. 

I scoop out a generous bit with a wooden spoon, mix it with  Oilcraft Naturals, Panch Pusph facial mist, bring it to a paste like consistency and apply it on my face and wait for it to dry (like I would with a mask). Once dried, I dampen it with some water, gently massage and rinse it off. The almonds in the cleanser act as a gentle abrasive/scrubbing agent helping slough off dead skin.  

The cleanser leaves a thin film of oil that my skin totally loves. With continued usage (daily actually), I have noticed a visibly glowing skin. 

If you have dry/parched skin like I do, this is definitely a product to try out, you skin will thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik