Thursday, December 3, 2015

SkinYoga : Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask




SkinYoga products have been on my wishlist for a while. So when I read reviews raving Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask, I decided to give it a shot. This mask has become my rescuer mask : anytime my skin looks dull, dry, dehydrated I find myself reaching out to this product.

ABOUT THE BRAND

Learn more about SkinYoga HERE!  


KEY INGREDIENTS & THEIR BENEFITS
  • Sandalwood Powder: Has antiseptic, astringent, anti inflammatory and disinfectant properties. The antiseptic quality of sandalwood helps treat rashes, acne, blackheads and other skin eruptions and promotes healthy smooth skin. Its germicidal quality inhibits the growth of bacteria thus reducing the appearance of scars and blemishes (1). It is also a natural astringent, thus toning the skin (1). The oils in sandalwood powder can help combat dry skin condition (2).
  • Walnut Meal:  Walnuts are filled with B-vitamins, which along with vitamin E (a natural antioxidant), can fight free radicals thus delaying the process of ageing (3). The walnut oil released when the walnuts are crushed, nourishes the inner skin and enhances healthy skin cell growth thus moisturizing it (3). The walnut oil also acts as a calming agent and helps regain the skin’s glow and shine (3). 
  • Saffron: An excellent skin toning agent, it helps in eliminating the blackheads and unclogs the clogged pores. Saffron also scavenges the free radicals and promotes better circulation to the face, thereby ensuring that the skin looks toned and firm (4). Saffron is teeming with antiseptic and anti-bacterial qualities, which make it ideal for curing acne. Saffron’s exfoliating qualities and presence of various vitamins such as A, C, and the B vitamins, make it a wonderful aid in clearing and brightening/lightening the complexion (5). The moisture absorbing and enhancing nature of saffron makes it an ideal home remedy for dried, chapped skin (4). 



The mask comes in a nifty 50gm reusable glass jar which is packaged in a beautiful wooden box accompanied with a wooden spatula. Unboxing the product is immensely gratifying!!





A brown dry powdery texture, the mask's only aroma is that of the walnut meal. I scoop out the required amount, spritz Oilcraft Naturals Panch Pusph facial mist and bring it to the desired paste consistency. 

Let me start off by saying that though the product is expensive, it is a great skincare investment. I have dry/dehydrated/sensitive skin and a couple of days ago my skin started acting up despite me following my regular CTM routine. It was a little drier than usual , red and was burning when I got home from my workout. I washed my face and applied the mask, let it dry and rinsed it off after gently massaging it in the shower. The results were instantaneous: smooth, moisturized and placated skin.

The mask has a gritty feel to it due to the walnut meal in it, which however isn't in the slightest abrasive. Though it is touted as a mask, it could double as a facial cleanser/exfoliator. The mask goes on to form a milky residue that rinses off to reveal a glowing complexion. My skin totally adores this product and it makes to my favorite list!

A must try for all you dry/sensitive skinned beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik