Thursday, December 17, 2015

Yoshara Naturals : Activated Charcoal Masque

 


Activated charcoal is well known as a  antidote as it adsorbs most organic toxins, chemicals and poisons before they can harm the body. It happens to be the beauty ingredient of the moment. It's been added to cleansers, face masks, toothbrushes, and even juices for its ability to absorb toxins and pollutants. But is it effective?

ABOUT THE BRAND

Learn more about Yoshara Naturals HERE!!



KEY INGREDIENTS & THEIR BENEFITS


  • Activated Charcoal: Is carbon that’s treated with oxygen that causes the charcoal to become very porous (1). These pores allow activated charcoal to trap chemicals and works wonders for the skin when applied topically: it keeps skin clear by acting as a magnet to draw dirt out of pores (1). It not only clears pores but also improves skin-tone by removing dry patches.These qualities make it great for clearing up blemishes and cleansing your skin of toxins.


  • Himalayan Clay: A mineral rich mask that absorbs excess oil, clears clogged pores and removes blackheads and deeply embedded impurities (2). It firms the skin, helps restore its natural elasticity, improves skin texture and helps minimize wrinkle formation. Mineral Clay improves circulation, leaving the skin soft and glowing. The sodium component makes this one of the best detoxifying clay (2).


  • Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial properties that also reduces sebum production by the skin and fights off the acne producing bacteria on the skin (3).


  • Saponified Coconut Oil: The fatty acids in coconut oil can provide the skin great benefits. The numerous minerals and nutrients in coconut are great for the skin.  The oil can also work to help remove dirt and dead cells from the skin (4). The aforementioned acids in coconut oil (lactic, capric, etc) can have benefits when it comes to acne treatment: the antimicrobial properties of these fats can act to prevent or help reduce current acne breakouts (4). The antioxidants from the coconut oil prevent and help to reduce skin aging (4).


Nandini Kumar of Yoshara Naturals, sent me a 80 gm container of this masque that  I’ve dubbed the “blackhead busting blackout” mask since (1) its ingredients clarify the skin by pulling dirt from pores and help  eliminate black & whiteheads and (2) due to the charcoal it is black as the night sky!!



I primarily use this masque on my nose and sometimes on my chin where I am prone to blackheads. To use, I first hot water compress to help soften comedones by dipping a towel into hot water,  and pressing it against my nose. After a couple of seconds, I remove the towel, dry the nose and apply the required amount of the masque on the nose. After about approximately 10-15 minutes I rinse it off and use my extractor to gently extract any black and white heads (I would skip this step if acne is present).



The mask has a tea tree oil smell which doesn't bother me in the least. The formulation isn't drying due to the presence of coconut oil, but then again I apply it to my nose which is the oiliest part on my face.This amount of product would easily last me for a while since I use it only on my nose area and use it once or twice a week.



Honestly, I did not have any expectations, but this masque, if I had had expectation, would have super-ceded it!! The first time I used this I was amazed to see my white heads literally popping out. The results have always been a clear, almost oil free nose, something I have always wanted and something I haven't been able to achieve even with regular facial appointments!! 


So to answer my earlier question regarding the masque's effectiveness: Just let this miracle mask sink in and work its magic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik